You are investing in change and you want to ensure your funds are creating the greatest impact.
I work with individual philanthropists, investors and foundations to design philanthropy portfolios that ensure investments have long-term and sustainable impacts.
What & How?
My approach is collaborative and begins with an articulation of the change you want to see in the world.
Depending on your preference - we can either work collaboratively or I can do the hard work of finding the right investment portfolio - allowing you to focus on your core business.
These services are available as a package to maximize the transformative impact of your investment or individually for those interested in exploring specific elements of your work.
Articulate Values and Vision:
In order for me to have a better understanding of your vision for a better world, we will work together to identify the values that represent the change you would like to see in the world and the approach you would like to take.
Based on the outcome of the values and vision exercise, a portfolio of options will be designed for investments that match your values, focus on long-term sustainability, and represent diverse opportunities.
Monitoring and Assessment:
Dependent on the investment, I will design a monitoring framework that will ensure you are able to continually assess and communicate the impact of your investment.
Here's what I bring to the table.
I’m passionate about good and I believe every person and organization has the desire and power to make this world a better place.
While I have worked in the non-profit sector for over 15 years, I see amazing opportunity for philanthropists to become leaders in social and environmental change.
I’ve worked on diverse and complex issues around the world:
- Therapeutic programming for youth who have been abused in Canada
- Creating economic opportunity for women with HIV/AIDS in Rwanda
- Education reform in sub-Saharan Africa and Canada
- Economic reform for Canada’s urban First Nations
- Human rights journalism in sub-Saharan Africa
- Community conservation in west and east Africa
- Maternal, newborn and child health in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Digital citizenship in the Middle-East
I am an advocate for change in the non-profit sector:
- Collaborated on the design and implementation of a national assessment of evaluation in Canadian non-profits.
- Speaker at the Ontario Non-Profit Network 2013 Conference on “Trends and Solutions for the Non-Profit Sector.”
- Advisor at Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits.
I am a visionary who gets numbers and processes:
- Managed multi-million dollar grants at the University of Toronto and the Jane Goodall Institute.
- Managed complex procurement processes and contract negotiations at the University of Toronto.
- Assisted in the design of the National University of Rwanda’s five-year strategic plan using the Balance Scorecard System.
- Redesigned the long-term strategy, staff training, evaluation metrics, and business processes of the educational programs for the Jane Goodall Institute.
I am entrepreneurial at heart:
- From the waterproof shower whiteboard that is connected to mobile phone (you can have that) to gaming apps that teach youth about the economic, social and environmental impacts of a decision - I am creative in generating ideas to solve problems.